Hardwood Floor Cleaning & Refinishing in Philadelphia, Bucks County, and Montgomery County
Hardwood floors are one of the best types of floors a home can have. They add a lot in terms of home décor, but they also take a lot in terms of wear and tear, which means they will last forever if they are taken care of properly. Unfortunately, one of the biggest challenges that some homeowners face is how to keep their hardwood floors clean.
In fact, too many people steer clear of hardwood floors because they mistakenly believe they are expensive and high maintenance. This is not true however, as they don’t require any more maintenance than carpeting, linoleum, or tiles. All they require is care and regular cleaning.
Why Is Hardwood Floor Cleaning Important?
In general, hardwood floors in high traffic areas are candidates to become very dirty and in need of cleaning every day, yet they are challenging to keep clean because in fact they do not show too much dirt.
When left dirty, dust and other debris on the surface of hardwood flooring can get grinded into the finish, and this causes floors to dull over time. The longer this is left on the floor, the more deeply embedded the debris becomes and this causes damage to the finish. If not attended to, this can actually strip away the finish and leave the wood exposed.
Handling Hardwood Floor Cleaning
Hardwood floors will look bad when they lose their luster and shine, so remember that the key to keep hardwood floors looking beautiful lies in routine cleaning and care.
- Keeping hardwood floors as clean and dry as possible is a must, so make sure to clean spills and don’t use large amounts of water to clean them.
- It’s important to regularly clean hardwood floors with special products in order to retain their beauty.
- It’s recommended to keep your floor free of dust and dirt using soft brooms, cloth and vacuum cleaners.
- If there is a surface finish, you should also refinish the surface every two to six years to restore the shine.
- It is also best if you put welcome mats near your home’s entrances so people can wipe their shoes before they enter your home.
Remember, your beautiful hardwood floor is the focal point of your home, and we can help you with keeping your hardwood floors clean and looking great. We provide our services in Bensalem, Newtown, Princeton, Bucks County, Montgomery County, Cherry Hill, Doylestown and West Chester!